Here you will find all upcoming IntEg events. We can't wait to see you there!
If you would like to propose an online event, please do get in contact with us at email@example.com!
IntEg Discussion Panels
In February and March 2021, we will be hosting a series of panel discussions to mark the launch of Interdisciplinary Egyptology! We’re hopeful that they generate some new and dynamic discussions and directions in the field at large.
Aims of the series
The overall aim of the discussion panel series is to encourage conversation related to the future directions of Egyptology. We have a fantastic line up of panellists who will discuss and debate themse within the topic, focusing on broad concepts and questions such as What has the discipline done well? What could the discipline have done better? Where does the discipline need to go?
All panels will be hosted as a Zoom Webinar and are free of charge. Panels will not be recorded.
Each session has its own sign up via the links below - the webinars are kindly hosted by The Egypt Centre, Swansea (make sure to follow them on Twitter to keep up to date with their fantastic set of events too!)
Each session will be 90 minutes in duration, including a 20 minute Q&A with the audience.
- Words Matter: Innovative Text-Based Approaches in Egyptology. 16th February, 7pm GMT
- Material Worlds: Objects & Architecture in Egyptology. 19th February, 9am GMT
- Physical Worlds: Archaeology in Egyptology. 23rd Febuary, 5pm GMT
- Theory in Practice: The Conceptual World in Egyptology. 26th February, 12pm (midday) GMT
- Scanninng the Horizon: Egyptology in a Digital Age. 2nd March, 2pm GMT
- Provenance, Egypt: Ethical Practice in Egyptology. 5th March, 3pm GMT
- A Popular Science: Communicating Egyptolgy Beyond Academia. 9th March, 3pm GMT
- Sustainable Academia: Teaching Egyptology in the Age of Innovation. 12th March, 12pm (midday) GMT
- Interconnected Worlds: Ancient Egypt & its Neighbours. 16 March, 2pm GMT
- Dating & Beyond: Science in Egyptology. 19 March, 1pm GMT
- XX-Cavations: Women in Ancient Egypt & Modern Egyptology. 23rd March, 4pm GMT
- Moving Forward Together: Egyptology's Postcolonial Future. 26th March, 2pm GMT
NB Session information subject to change until the registration link is posted.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!